Southfield Campus: 20245 W 12 Mile Rd. Suite 217, Southfield, MI 48076 | (248) 828-6562 Flint Campus: 2255 S. Linden Road Building 1, Flint, MI 48832 | (810) 265-7753
Phlebotomists are trained to draw blood from a patient (mostly from veins) for clinical or medical testing, transfusions, donations, or research.
Students are taught to collect blood primarily by performing venipunctures or for collection of minute quantities of blood, finger sticks. As a Phlebotomy Technician, you can work in a variety of settings including outpatient laboratories, hospitals, physician’s offices and blood banks. Serenity Health Training Institute offers a 7 weeks phlebotomy class with books and study material included.
Our students are offered clinical internship opportunities at St. John/Genesys Hospital which provides them the with the necessary skills to secure a job in the hospitals working as Phlebotomists. Upon successful completion of course students can schedule and take national phlebotomy exam on site with study materials included in tuition.
Curriculum includes but is not limited to the following.
Total Clock Hours: 40Hours
Clinical Hours: 80 hours
Duration/Schedule: 7 Weeks
1. Day Classes (7weeks) Thursday and Fridays (10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
2. Evening Classes (7weeks) Wednesday and Thursday, (5.00pm - 9.30pm)
3. Weekend Classes (7weeks) Saturdays and Sundays (10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
Limited Seats Available
Program Cost covers:
Sign Up Online or Come In-Person (by appointment only). We will contact within 72-hours.
You will be given a start date after the following has been received:
1. Completed online application OR in person application (by appointment only)
2. Paid the $250 enrolment fee which will include the $40 non refundable application fee.
3. Turn in state-wide background check (Students are responsible for this but can be done at School for $15)
4. Drug screening (students are responsible for this but can be done at $15)
5. Background check (students are responsible for this but can be done at $15)
6. TB screening not offered in school. Students are responsible for this.
Please note the following exclusion:
1. Michigan State Police Background check fees are not included in tuition.
2. Uniforms are not included in tuition.
3. Drug screening are not included in tuition.
4. TB screening are not included in tuition.